JOH is filled with the most talented people in the industry. Employees that understand what it takes to work hard while enjoying their job. We are always looking for smart people who are full of passion, integrity and honesty. If you are looking for a career opportunity at JOH, we would love to meet you!
Retail Sales/Reset Merchandisers (part-time) (Saugus, MA and surrounding areas)
JOH, a food broker with a growing and stable 500+ employee, multii-state company, headquartered in the Bedford/Billerica/Burlington, MA area, has immediate part-time openings (up to 28 hours per week) for Retail Sales/Reset Merchandisers in the Saugus, MA area.
Performance and/or Education:
We are looking for part time individuals to work 28 hours a week doing reset work in a grocery store.
Prerequisites: High school diploma or equivalent and past successful retail sales experience or related job experience preferred but not required. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, have own personal transportation and a valid driver’s license.Standing, bending and lifting are a standard part of this job.
Please submit resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Part-time
JOH is one of the strongest independent brokers in the country. With offices and strategic partnerships across the United States, JOH is extremely focused on finding profitable solutions for both our clients and customers. At JOH, we deeply believe in selling the right way, with passion and integrity.
Our teams represent each client with tenacity and respect. We deliver on all fronts by offering the best in headquarter sales, retail merchandising and extraordinary access to key decision makers. JOH is a dedicated and strong company that is Driven to Sell Right.
The Sr. Category Analsyt position manages and analyzes data to support the corporate goals and initiatives. The senior analyst is responsible for creating and presenting impactful insights that highlight opportunities for growth for the client, customer, and category. The senior analyst will represent JOH in front of clients and customers, identifying trends, reviewing key indicators, and anticipating objections. S/he presents the sales objectives to customers and clients using convincing analysis. S/he translates internal strategies into a coherent category management (CM) platform for the account and headquarter team. This is accomplished by leveraging analytic tools, including customer specific data, and creating and developing new department and category insights.
Develop CM plans for key customers through expert knowledge of A.C. Nielsen and IRI syndicated data. Ensure data integrity and develop creative and concise templates for ongoing market/consumer updates. Collaborate with the Account Executives and Headquarter Sales Team in the annual sales/marketing planning process. Attend and present data findings at sales meetings, business reviews and client interviews. Monitor pricing, competitive activity, opportunity gaps and highlight possible causal factors. Create presentations to highlight market and customer trends. Create, develop and update planograms for key customers based upon A.C. Nielsen/IRI syndicated data.
In addition to the responsibilities of a CM analyst, the Senior CM Analyst:
- Owns and understands his/her business, digs deep into categories and fully grasps the categories in which s/he is assigned
- Is proactive in identifying tactical success models in assortment, pricing, merchandising, and promotions that drive business
- Interprets and explains CM concepts: to team, associates, customers and clients
- Builds a solid partnership with client’s and customer’s CM teams, gaining respect and building confidence in their ability to assist – acts as the “go-to” resource
- Understands various data sets and analytical software, how they can be coupled to draw insights, and masters their deployment
- Confidently manages the analytical data portion of business reviews, client interviews and sales meetings
- Presents clearly and compellingly to clients and customers demonstrating industry, category, and brand expertise
- Assists the director by providing direction and leadership support to team; sharing insights/learnings aimed toward improving departmental effectiveness
- Discovers and reports opportunity gaps through fair share and ACV analysis that will grow categories and drive profitable sales for our clients
- Develops custom reporting solutions using new and existing technologies and tools – continually raising the bar, challenging methods, and sharing discoveries
- Delivers Results: Rigorously drives self and others to achieve high levels of individual and organizational performance . . . clearly wants to win
- Impacts and Influences Others: Skillfully persuades others to support initiatives, gain alignment with our goals, and act in the best interests of the company
- Demonstrates a Deep Understanding of Our Business: Develops and applies a deep personal knowledge of our businesses, customers and clients
- Focuses on the Customer and Market: Continuously evaluates what’s important to the customer/client and develops solutions that exceed expectations
- Thinks and Acts Strategically: Anticipates business opportunities and challenges and drives long-term strategies while maintaining focus on short-term objectives
- Makes Sound Business Decisions: Makes timely, well-informed decisions that advance critical priorities, capitalize on new opportunities, and resolve problems
- Partners Across Departments: Works collaboratively and effectively with colleagues throughout the company toward the common goals of JOH
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS Degree required + 5 years’ experience in a CM function
- CPG industry experience required – strong understanding of the business
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Expert in CM Concepts, including opportunity and share gap analysis, productivity & share of shelf evaluations and promotional effectiveness
- Self-starter, quick learner, and works well in independent situations
- Strong presentation skills – articulate, confident, and effective
- Proficiency in extracting and mining data
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to utilize internal databases and in-house category analysis software
- Expert in A.C. Nielsen and IRI Syndicated Data Analysis Tools
- Expert in Data Alchemy CM software application and JDA POG software
- Strong technical and analytical skills and the ability to translate data into actionable plans and presentations
- Proven success managing multiple objectives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to apply sound business principles and practices to project
- Strong communication and priority setting skills
TRAVEL EXPECTATION 10%-20%
Job Type: Full-time
- CM function: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- United States (Required)