JOH is filled with the most talented people in the industry. Employees that understand what it takes to work hard while enjoying their job. We are always looking for smart people who are full of passion, integrity and honesty. If you are looking for a career opportunity at JOH, we would love to meet you!
JOH is one of the strongest independent brokers in the country. With offices and strategic partnerships across the United States, JOH is extremely focused on finding profitable solutions for both our clients and customers. At JOH we deeply believe in selling the right way, with passion and integrity.
Our teams represent each client with tenacity and respect. We deliver on all fronts by offering the best in headquarter sales, retail merchandising and extraordinary access to key decision makers. JOH is a dedicated and strong company that is Driven To Sell Right.
We are currently recruiting for a part-time Administrative Assistant in our Paramus, NJ location.
Responsibilities of this part-time position (28 hours per week) include multitasking demands requiring good administrative skills, an ability to manage time sensitive projects, understanding of manufacturers/broker dynamics and prioritization of daily activity. The administrative assistant’s primary responsibility is to assist personnel in administrative tasks and provide account-based support for the Department AE’s and assist the Department Administrator in daily operations.
Areas of support are as follows:
- Communication for all back up and pay back issues
- New Item Forms
- Account deal sheets
- Reformat, formulate and distribute monthly spin reports
- Development and timely and continual updating of promotional grids for key customers
- Track all promotional events by client and customer
- Enter monthly spin tracker reports
- Receive, record distribute weekly itineraries
- Technical ability to work with customer portal systems to load contracts, etc.
- Work with and navigate planners-account programs including Demandtec and other systems.
PERFORMANCE AND/OR EDUCATION PREREQUISITES
- Strong knowledge of the English language and rules
- Strong ability to write in a cohesive, comprehensive manner
- Detail oriented
- Good interpersonal / communications skills and the ability to exchange information clearly and concisely
- Maintain confidentiality as appropriate
- Ability to meet attendance standard
- College business degree or equivalent and office experience in a sales environment preferred.
- Excellent people skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel,
- PowerPoint and Outlook and the ability to learn other applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and climb or balance. The employee must be able to lift or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Job Type: Part-time
JOH is one of the strongest independent brokers in the country. With offices and strategic partnerships across the United States, JOH is extremely focused on finding profitable solutions for both our clients and customers. At JOH, we deeply believe in selling the right way, with passion and integrity.
Our teams represent each client with tenacity and respect. We deliver on all fronts by offering the best in headquarter sales, retail merchandising and extraordinary access to key decision makers. JOH is a dedicated and strong company that is Driven to Sell Right.
- Enter orders via computer system
- Confirm orders
- Trace orders via email or phone
- Communicate issues in a timely and professional manner to all appropriate people
- Be knowledgeable as to the key contact personnel for all assigned clients
- Report shortages and out-of-stocks
- Correct pricing problems
- Process customer returns
- Enter promotions via computer system
- Request invoices as required
- Keep organized files
- Help with coverage when others are absent
- Solve problems
- Maintain constant communication and involvement with all key personnel to ensure the timely completion of the purchase order process
- General administrative duties as assigned
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES REQUIRED Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to
- Computer Skills, Proficient in:
- Other applications as necessary
- Keyboard speed and accuracy essential
PERFORMANCE AND/OR EDUCATION PREREQUISITES
- High school diploma and one to two years’ related experience. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the essential duties, responsibilities and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
Retail Sales/Reset Merchandisers (part-time) (Saugus, MA and surrounding areas)
JOH, a food broker with a growing and stable 500+ employee, multii-state company, headquartered in the Bedford/Billerica/Burlington, MA area, has immediate part-time openings (up to 28 hours per week) for Retail Sales/Reset Merchandisers in the Saugus, MA area.
Performance and/or Education:
We are looking for part time individuals to work 28 hours a week doing reset work in a grocery store.
Prerequisites: High school diploma or equivalent and past successful retail sales experience or related job experience preferred but not required. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, have own personal transportation and a valid driver’s license.Standing, bending and lifting are a standard part of this job.
Please submit resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Part-time